Welcome to Buxville.net! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Buxville community.

The (partial) return of the Bux Shop

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by Joy, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Joy
    Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,944 / 94 / -27
    [IMG]

Based on player feedback, I am re-adding a version of the Bux 2.0 /shop back into the game, but hopefully in a more balanced and also fun way.

The Bux Shop is spread over a collection of sign shops, which can be placed by an admin. Towns (r4+) as well as Shopkeepers (lvl5+) get a limited number of these shops. Traders (lvl 3+) can sell items at these shops, and of course are expected to buy items from players to sell as well.

I have also moved the Shop Ad perk from lvl 5 down to lvl 4, and added a new bribe to change/move a Bux Shop sign.

In line with the player feedback, I am increasing the delay on Shop Quest delivery. The Bux Shop should compensate for any possible income loss, and it will drastically lower the pressure on players to constantly deliver these SQs. It should also lessen the number of animals required to keep up with animal SQs, which is healthier for the server.

Relevant updated wikis:
    http://www.buxville.net/xf/wiki/the-bux-shop/
    http://www.buxville.net/xf/wiki/town-ranks/
    www.buxville.net/xf/wiki/shopkeeping/
    http://www.buxville.net/xf/wiki/trading/
    http://www.buxville.net/xf/wiki/omerta/

As always, further balancing will be performed if needed, lemme know what you think, give it some time first ;)
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MosesT
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +256 / 3 / -16
  3. devilbri3
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +15 / 2 / -42
  4. noisymanray
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +74 / 3 / -7
  5. LetsGoRidePandas
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 6 / -6
    Awesome. I can't wait for the first few to be set up to see how it works
  6. Avengeline
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +32 / 1 / -2
    Doesn't really matter to me. If I'm understanding this correctly then I'm not an high enough trader to use them and now i can't make as much money for my SQ's because I can't do them as often so I can't see how this is good at all for me. My income is just cut..lol.
  7. MosesT
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +256 / 3 / -16
    You can sell the item to a R3 trader for like 90% of the price
  8. AnneWhy
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +207 / 3 / -0
    I totally agree with Bux-shop being better than hourly SQ, but I also agree that the Con SG perk is negatively affected... could we get one more SG maybe?
  9. trenquils

Ratings Received:
    +28 / 1 / -28
    i feel like before the Bux shop that r5 trading was not worth it until ALLOT of SQ's (taking forever) and now after the Bux shop has ben introduced i feel like r5 trading is deffinatly not worth it and r4 is not worth it as well as the slight increase in SQ prices dosent stack up very fast with only being able to do them every 3 hrs and with people that play maby 4 hrs a day(like me) (thats so they can do 2 sq's) there is not really any advantage of getting r4 or r5 trading now that i can see because at r3 you can use the Bux shop (which from what i have seen dose not pay very well at all. Just my input on it
  10. LetsGoRidePandas
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 6 / -6
    In my opinion, the price needs to be increased. Selling a DC of stonebrick to the isell sign is only 378 while selling a DC of cobble in /t is ~400. Shouldn't it be worth more than /t
  11. HB489
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +291 / 5 / -8
    I think the idea is you're supposed to be encouraged to actually trade (or use it in quests). If the signs bought for more than people in trade, it would hardly get traded, people would look for a trader to sell it to the sign shop for them instead.
  12. sjojo
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +137 / 21 / -299
    Well LetsGoRidePandas Cobble Goes for +/- 300/DC.
    That estimates 4 - 4.5/s. So you CAN make a Good trade.
    (Off-topic: Who in THE name of Bux do you buy Cobble from :O)
  13. LetsGoRidePandas
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +128 / 6 / -6
    Lol that's what I have always seen both dirt and cobble go for in /t. Granted I haven't seen it in a while so I may be outdated
  14. DesmodusDantre

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 2 / -0
    Cool. I might start working on my Trading rankup for this. And nice picture. Lol
  15. Zengh

Ratings Received:
    +64 / 3 / -14
    Im thinking about new system for a while and wanted to share my thoughts,

At first, it is a good change that 3 hours thing instead of 1 hour, that decreased the pressure so i could start doing other things (mostly non-minecraft things in my part). But since then another pressures just came in.. 1) daily item distribution changes.. 2) Increased amounts of raw material needs.

I couldnt join the decision talk about these things but i believe daily changes was made to increase the trading between people but unfortunately it is not working in my humble opinion. People dont want to sell their wares because they may need them in less then 24 hours for theirself. Other are selling for very high prices (Iron went high 300/s -which is about 175/s before- for example).

It is very hard to stock some iron and gold (general sq items) for later usage because of the amounts. I -with the R4 Trading- need 3s iron and 2s Gold per sq generally but i hardly can gather them on my own in my 3 hours (with my r5 gathering double drops).. between the other things that i should do. And sometimes something is coming in, like animal based things, like porkchops.. and i just cant do anything about them. Server health doesnt encourage me to breed large amount of animals and even it does i just dont know how to breed them while im trying mine required amount of minerals in ether.. There is a collision here. I cant be in two place at the same time and i just simply cant find them to buy either, because a seller needs iron and gold too and he doesnt want to stand there for animals because he cant find iron and gold in decent prices (which i mentioned here before)

Yes a shuffle bribe may help but ticket processing times already cause to lose a few of them and the bribe price makes it worse. (Omertas must be sad too - i saw a LW to change omerta into another role too -)

What can we do? I honestly dont know but i can tell im losing my interest in the game, i used to like mining you can see it in my mining skill rank but now i just dont want to go and mine for hours to complete materials for my next sq which will arrive in 2 hours. Maybe sq amounts need to get lowered and their prices too, but egg pricess would take some time to be reasonable for those new prices.

I have some building/construction plans in my mind for a while but i just cant find time to do them..
    All i need is to stock SQ items and able to go away for other bussiness.

I would like to write another long post about iSell things but its enough for me now. Shortly.. their prices needs to be tweaked because ppl just dont care about them with these prices i think. So that life saver iSell plan didnt make the expected explosion.

thanks for reading
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. shikozu
    World Donor

Ratings Received:
    +425 / 22 / -7
    I'm really enjoying the new Trade quests, changing daily keeps it fresh, and keeps me from feeling like I have to farm huge quantities of the same items.

I would like to see iSell prices buffed, ofc, but it is nice for things easily made (glass bottle) or no other market (emerald).

:)
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Tylee3

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -3
    xD awesome