Welcome to Buxville.net! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Buxville community.

How to create perfect spheres/domes in Minecraft

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Chr1stian, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Chr1stian

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    It is of course possible to create a sphere/dome by hand on the size and form meassured by the eye. Although if you want to make a "perfect" sphere wich looks like its made up of layers of circles and where you cannot remove one single block from it - else you will have a hole in your sphere. Heres my simple guide on how to make one:

1. Decide on size and download a blueprint
    When you want to make a perfect sphere it is easier if you have some picture to follow. I find all my blueprints in this thread from the minecraftforum:

Perfect spheres

When you choose a blueprint to work after you should know wich diameter (length from one side of the sphere to another [in the middle - between top and bottom]). Here you can see the different diameter size on the blueprints and that I have choosen the blueprint for a sphere with a diameter that is 21 blocks.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Just klick and download the picture.

2. Open and view the blueprint
    Open the blueprint in any imageediting/viewing program that lets you see all of the pixels by themselves. I suggest just using Paint if you dont have or know how to use anything else. I will be using paint. When you open the image you will see that it looks a little strange, like this:

[IMG]

To view this picture as we want it you should out on grid (found under view) and edit the zoom.

[IMG]

Here you can see that I have put on grid and the zoom to 800% (max in my version of paint).

[IMG]

A tiny picture showing the middel circle layer blueprint for my 21 diameter sphere.

[IMG]

Note: The distance from the sides in the square surrounding the sphere layer circles is always the same, use this knowledge when building!

[IMG]

3. How to build the sphere using the blueprints

TO BE CONTINUED. Dont comment lol :p
  2. Lord_Oppenheimer

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Best circle-creation I've seen yet!
  3. TheCuddler

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Gahh!! The cliffhanger. >_<
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Reactions
    Vault Donor

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is used in Atomium - works awesome ;)
  5. mg08mjac
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I know you said not to comment, but if you want it, here is what I use to make spheres, just set the z-axis to 1 as well then it will compute all the layers :) I don't know if it does it different than your method, but I think the sphere I made came out pretty good :D
  6. Chr1stian

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -1
    Gives you blueprints like the ones that I linked to.. kinda. They look really alike, but I cant be sure :p