Welcome to Buxville.net! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Buxville community.

Get Started on Bitcoin Pool Mining - Easy to follow guide! [Gain Lux!]

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by LeolucaG, Jul 2, 2011.

1. LeolucaG

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    If you're not familiar with bitcoin and why you should get started on it please look at Joymo's post; http://www.buxville.net/showthread....for-Buxville-gt-Earn-Lux-(free-20-Lux-bonus!)

1. Now the first thing we need to do is get bitcoin, we can easily download this from the official website; www.weusecoins.com
    After you have downloaded this and installed it the next thing we need to do is make an account on this bitcoin mining pool website; http://mining.bitcoin.cz/

Click "sign up" on the top right hand side of the website and follow the instructions.
    [IMG]

After you've done this go to your wallet in bitcoin and copy and paste your address in your account information [IMG] and paste it here;[IMG]
    Change any other options you want to. Ignore everything else for now and open a new tab.

2. Now that we've got all the easy stuff out the way we need to download a GUIMiner;
    I suggest downloading this GUIMiner, it's a really easy to configure and great for newbies: http://forum.bitcoin.org/?topic=3878.0

It self extracts, after you have extracted it, open the file and look for "guiminer.exe" open it.

3. Now we got onto the tricky bits, after you have opened your guiminer.exe go back to mining.bitcoin.cz and go back to "My account" and click "register a new worker" [IMG]

Fill this out for the login suffix this is what comes after your username, for example if your username was "buxie" and your suffix is "bob" your login for the guiminer.exe would be "buxie.bob" don't worry you'll understand it in a second. Put a password short and easy to remember. Fill out the captcha and click save.

[IMG]

4. Now we can start mining! Well nearly..
    Go back to GUIminer.exe and where it says Server: click the dropdown menu and click "Slush's pool" very important! Now where it says username and password type in your password you chose for your worker, NOT your login for mining.bitcoin.cz, for your worker. Now for username if your log-in for the actual website is buxie put "buxie." then put the suffix you chose before, example below.
    [IMG]

Now after you put in your username and password you can select the CPU Affinity and device, by default it should be your graphics card.

Now you're ready to mine! Click "Start Mining" and on tthe right it should show "Mhash's/s" and on the left your shares. If it doesn't you have done something wrong. Check through this guide and see if you've missed something or just post, i'll be happy to help you.

Now that you're mining you can see your Estimated reward on "My account" as well as your estimated reward once you've solved a block.

Once you've got some bitcoin (0.02+) you can go start earning lux! Just click lux at the top of this page and go to jobs and select bitcoin.

Wanna see if your mhash/s is correct? https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
  2. baiumbg
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is it possible to mine using CPU via GUIMiner? Because every time I try clicking Start mining it gives me this error:

2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default" started
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": Traceback (most recent call last):
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": File "poclbm.py", line 3, in <module>
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": File "pyopencl\__init__.pyo", line 3, in <module>
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 12, in <module>
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": File "pyopencl\_cl.pyo", line 10, in __load
    2011-07-02 23:54:05: Listener for "Default": ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

Btw, my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, which doesn't show up on the list ("No OpenCL Devices"). My drivers are up-to-date. Do I need to install NVIDIA developer drivers? Or the CUDA toolkit? What do I need to do?
  3. Acrovic

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 1 / -8
    II have the same error here.
  4. LeolucaG

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This happened to me on my pc without a graphics card, try this; click file on the top left of the guiminer.exe click add a OpenCL device, and try mine on that.
  5. Joy
    Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +1,944 / 94 / -27
    I think if you have the latest NVIDIA drivers it should be good.
  6. baiumbg
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Doesn't let me. It's grayed out.

P.S. I got it running on CPU, getting 5.2 Mhash/s. Is that REALLY slow? (running on 1 core)

@Joy Well, apparently not.
  7. DaizNaew
    Vault Donor

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 6 / -0
    now 5.2 Mhash/s might take you, I don't know 8 weeks to generate enough btc for 1 coin. It's really low, but it's on cpu anyway.
    Check out these references to get a feel of how much it is: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Mining_hardware_comparison
  8. snaiperskaya Former Chat Salmon

Ratings Received:
    +186 / 10 / -2
    When I was running this before, I got ~300 Mhash/s on 50-60% of 1 GPU. I dunno, I may start this up again if/when I'm feeling adventurous...

EDIT: Yep, adventurous doesn't work for me. Practically a super-computer of a GPU in my computer, but I can't mine and watch a flash video at the same time... terrible terrible things happen... :(
  9. Acrovic

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 1 / -8
    I still cant solve my problem :s
  10. snaiperskaya Former Chat Salmon

Ratings Received:
    +186 / 10 / -2
    try going to file-> new miner-> new CUDA miner

It will look slightly different, but for the most part, it should be straight-forward. I don't know if Nvidia supports OpenCL, but I do know that CUDA is their language for GPU coding, so that SHOULD work. Please bear in mind that I do not own an Nvidia GPU (nor do I intend to), so I cannot verify anything I'm saying here...
  11. baiumbg
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Okaaay. This is weird...The problem was in my driver. Hadn't updated the right way. Now I'm with the newest graphic drivers, got GPU mining running. BUT, it's even slower that CPU mining O.O (4.1 Mhash/s). This is so stupid...

P.S. Tried CUDA, getting 5.0 Mhash/s, comp lags like HELL.
  12. kato233

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just to make sure I did this right:

I have 2 miners open.

one says Shares 7 accepted 200 Mhash
    two says Shares 1 acceoted 150 mhash

is that right
  13. LeolucaG

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    That's really good, what's your GPU set-up?
  14. Xemnas33
    Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I've got about 265/270 Mhash

I guess that's good?
  15. Rocket_Luke A sheep

Ratings Received:
    +50 / 1 / -1
    The websites account creation is borked, I made one, and it won't accept my pass when I try to log in. Resent it to email, tried a different password. Same thing -.-
  16. Zavi_

Ratings Received:
    +209 / 15 / -6
    You talking about bitcoinpool.org? I had that too, then I just change from .com to .org and it logged me in and changed back to .com with me logged in. Not sure how that works, but I am logged in now.
  17. Nice_Pyro
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes that is really good. Are you overclocking your GPU?

This is really good except that you are only getting a few shares (I get over 7 shares with only 50 Mhash)

So either, your numbers are wrong or you just started running it (as it takes a while to start getting shares) or something is wrong.

If you are in a pool, you are paid based on (total shares/your shares * (50 - whatever they take out of pot)) <--- some do pay based on Mhash/s. So if you are still getting only 8 shares with 350 Mhash/s then it really isn't worth your time on Pay-by-Share pools.

EDIT: Just checked, I am doing 130 Mhash/s and I am doing 37 shares all at once, 1017 since I took it off pause as I was playing TF2.
  18. Flargus
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Edit>Delete>Delete Message
  19. m3herethere

Ratings Received:
    +29 / 2 / -3
    Bitcoin scares me....
  20. Hampie91
    Isle Donor

Ratings Received: